California Shop Small is a 6-week program to help product-based aspiring or existing business owners sell online. Business owners will learn how to get their business online, reach new customers, and increase their sales at a local, regional, and national scale. After completing the program, business owners will gain access to sell on a California branded eCommerce platform. Business owners will receive a six month free subscription to sell online while receiving no cost one-on-one consulting to assist in furthering their online success.
Must be a Product-Based Business
Six – 2 hour cohort workshops, must attend all sessions!
- Open to product-based businesses (Not open to service-based businesses)
- For first-time e-commerce businesses
- Open to brick-and-mortar businesses that have never sold online before
- Cannabis, CBD, adult entertainment, gambling, and other like businesses are ineligible for the program
- You must be a California-based business
- *If the program is oversubscribed, a lottery will be held for the 300 open slots available on the California Shop Small e-commerce site.
- *Priority will be given to those businesses that have never made a sale
What we will be discussing:
- What is California Shop Small
- Setting up your store online
- Product photos
- Online content
- Packaging and shipping
- Managing your inventory
- Merchandising, Discounts, Sales Reports, Orders
- Social Media
- The importance of selling online
- Online Tools
- Your inventory
- Costing and pricing